The GCP is designed to:
Prepare students for a global future with the attributes that will allow them to take
advantage of the myriad of opportunities abroad while remaining connected and
emotionally rooted to Singapore.
GCP Essential Questions:
- What can we learn about a culture?
- How does the Brunei community maintain its culture and identity?
- How does Brunei sustain her economy?
GCP Enduring Understandings:
- Culture is a way of life of a group of people who share similar beliefs and customs?
- The Brunei community keeps its culture and identity alive by passing down its customs and practices from one generation to the other.
- Diversifying the economy to meet the current and future needs eases the strain on Brunei's natural resources.
GCP Brunei Objectives:
- Experience and understand the culture of the people of Brunei.
- Experience the teaching and learning experience with students in Brunei while forging new friendship.
- Explore and appreciate the natural landscape and nature in Brunei.
- Understand how Brunei progresses in the 21st century while still steep in culture and heritage.
- Understand and appreciate the importance of good bilateral relationships with Brunei as one of the integral member of ASEAN.
link to Handbook (access via son's/daughter's email)
GCP Programme GOALS
- Acquiring Knowledge
- Students develop interest in and take stewardship of local and global issues
- Students understand Singapore’s relationships with ASEAN, ASIA and the rest of the world
- Building Competencies
- Equip students with 21st century skills
- Promote self-awareness, self-management and responsible decision- making in students
- Cultivating Character
- Students embrace diversity and cultivate respect for all people
- Students act upon ideas for the improvement of their society and the wider world
This banner captures the essence of 2016 GCP Brunei. Key questions to ask:
- what is the state of bilateral relationship between Singapore and Brunei like?
- why, as SST students, it is imperative that you make connections beyong the domains of SST or Singapore?
- why is Global Citizenship Programme a key feature of SST?